This Avocado Pesto Pasta is packed with fresh herbs, creamy Avocado and Nutritional Yeast for a totally healthy and plant-based sauce.
It’s very easy to do! I prepared first the Pesto by just mixing all the sauce ingredients in a high-speed blender (or food processor) , then made the pasta and before I serve, I just mixed them together. The Avocado Pesto sauce can be made in advance and stored in the fridge or freezer to save on time, but it will darken after a few hours , so it’s always preferable to do it fresh right before serving or just couple of hours before.
Ingredients (2 to 3 servings)
Pasta of your choice.
– 1 Large Avocado
– 1/3 cup Fresh Basil
– 1/3 cup Fresh Parsley
– 3 Cloves Garlic
– 1/4 cup Nutritional yeast
– Juice of 1/2 lemon + lemon zest
– 1 tsp Red Chili Flakes
– 1/4 cup Vegetable Broth
– Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Cook your pasta in a large pot of water according to the package instructions (I used Gluten free Pasta)
2) In the meantime, combine all Pesto ingredients in a food processor and process until creamy.
3) Drain the pasta then mix with the Pesto and return to the pot , cook on low heat until it’s warm.
4) Serve warm (i added some pine nuts on top).