These delicious vegan crepes are so simple with 3 ingredients only. Served with cinnamon, coconut sugar, maple syrup and a squeeze of lemon juice… They’re the best breakfast !
You can have them either savory or sweet, since there is no sugar in the actual crepe recipe, so you can stuff them with veggies or a savory sauce, but today i had them with coconut sugar, maple syrup and sprinkled some walnuts on top.
How to make those vegan crepes
First, start by preparing the flax egg. You will need to mix 1 tbsp of ground flax seeds with 3 tbsp warm water, then set aside for at least 10 minutes to allow the mix to sit and become gooey. You can also put it in the fridge, it’s even better.
To get the ground flax seeds, you either buy them ground, or you grind the flax seeds using a coffee grinder (I use Nutribullet). I usually grind a big batch and just keep them in a container so it’s more handy and easier to use whenever I need.
Second, sift the flour, add the almond milk (soy milk would be good too) then mix with the flax egg using a hand whisk.
Third, Place a little oil or vegan butter into a pan , pour out some of the crepe mix and swirl it around the pan. You want it to be quite thin.
Let it cook until it starts to look quite dry then flip on the other side.
Now, let’s make those crepes ! The recipe is adapted from LovingitVegan.
Ingredients (for approximately 5 to 6 servings)
– 1 Cup All purpose flour (or gluten free all purpose flour)
– 1 Cup Almond Milk (or Soy Milk)
– 1 Flax Egg (1 tbsp ground flax seed with 3 tbsp warm water)
– Cinnamon, Coconut Sugar, Maple Syrup, lemon squeeze or Walnuts (options for serving)
1) Prepare the flax egg by mixing 1 tbsp ground flax seed with 3 tbsp warm water and set aside for at least 10 min.
2) While the flax egg is sitting, sift the flour then add the almond milk.
3) Add the flax egg and mix well.
4) Heat up a frying pan with 1/2 tsp oil or vegan butter , when it’s hot, pour in around 1/4 cup of batter and swirl the pan.
5) When cooked, flip the pan and cook on the other side until lightly browned.
6) Repeat until your batter is finished.