Perfect breakfast for rainy days. This Apple Cinnamon Crumble has a crunchy oat and walnut crust and a delicious apple cinnamon filling. It’s plant-based, gluten free, refined sugar free and needs just a few ingredients.
– 2 Cups Gluten Free Rolled Oats (or normal oats ) or 2 Cups Oat Flour
– 1/2 Cup Almond Flour
– 3 tbsp coconut oil
– 4 tbsp maple syrup (you can use honey for non vegan)
– 1/4 cup walnuts or pecans
– 1 tsp cinnamon
Apple filling :
– 5 Apples , peeled, cored and diced small
– 2 tsp cinnamon
– 1/2 tsp nutmeg
– 3 tbsp maple syrup (you can use honey for non vegan)
– 2 tbsp coconut oil
1) Preheat Oven to 180 degrees , line an 8*8 pan with parchment paper
2) Start with preparing the crust. Blend the oats in food processor until finely ground then blend in Almond flour (if you are using oat flour instead of rolled oats, no need to blend in food processor, just mix them with almond flour).
3) Pour in coconut oil , cinnamon and maple syrup, pulsing until mixture is crumbly then divide the flour mixture in two.
4) Prepare the apple filling ; in a frying pan, melt coconut oil then add the apples, cinnamon, nutmeg. Saute for 3 minutes then add maple syrup. Cook together for another 3 minutes.
5) Put both crust and apple filling together. Put one layer of oat mix first then add the apple and finish it with the oat mix again and then sprinkle walnuts on top.
6) Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes
7) Let cool completely before you serve it