Those brownies are not only fudgy, chewy, rich and delicious , but are also plant based, gluten free, refined sugar free , without oil and made with oat flour. They’re made with 9 healthy ingredients only!
Most brownies are usually filled with butter and sugar , That’s what gives them the rich flavor and soft texture …. However, that’s not the case here ! I made those brownies with coconut sugar instead of normal white sugar, I skipped the oil and replaced it with fresh peanut butter.
They’re the perfect balance between sweet but not-too-sweet and fudgy. You can easily have three without feeling guilty !
Ingredients for 9 to 12 Brownies
– 1 Cup Gluten Free Oats blended into flour (or normal oat flour)
– 1/4 Cacao Powder
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 2 tbsp Ground flax + 6 tbsp Water (Note)
– 3/4 cup Almond Milk (or any other non dairy milk)
– 3/4 Cup Natural and Fresh peanut butter
– 3/4 Coconut Sugar (you can use brown sugar too)
– 1 tsp Vanilla
– 1/3 Cup Dairy free chocolate chips (or dark chocolate chips)
1) Preheat the oven to 180 degree C
2) Combine the ground flax seeds and water and leave on the side for at least 5 min to thicken.
3) In a medium Bowl, add the oat flour, cocoa powder (sifted) , baking powder and whisk.
4) In another bowl, Mix the almond milk, coconut sugar, vanilla and peanut butter then add the thickened flax mix and mix well.
5) Add the Flour Mix (dry ingredients ) to the wet ingredients and combine.
6) Fold in the chocolate chips or nuts of your choice.
7) Pour the batter into a 9*9 inch baking pan , you can add more nut butter on the top or chocolate chips (i recommend to add more peanut butter on top and just use a knife to swirl it around the batter).
8) Bake for 25 min approx . Let cool completely before serving.
Note : 2 tbsp ground flax and 6 tbsp warm water is equivalent to 2 eggs