All you need is cashews, dates, salt, molasses , coconut cream and vanilla. The sweetness and caramel flavor comes from the dates, and the creamy consistency from the coconut cream and cashews.
– 1 and 1/2 Cups Cashews (soaked in hot water for at least 3 hours)
– 1 Cup Dates pitted (approximately 12 to 14 dates)
– 1 Cup Coconut Cream
– 1 Tsp Salt
– 1 Tsp Vanilla
– 2 Tbsp Molasses
1) Rinse and drain the soaked cashews then blend them on high speed.
2) Add the coconut cream and continue blending then add the dates 2 at a time (you can also soak the dates in hot water in advance for few hours to become soft and easier to blend)
3) Add the vanilla, molasses and salt and continue blending. It may still be a bit crumbly, that’s ok.
4) Pour mixture into a 6*6 inch pan and put in the freezer overnight … you can drizzle some molasses on top also to create swirls.