Raw, Vegan, Gluten Free, Refined Sugar Free and Flourless recipe that is great for summer , takes no time to prepare , no fuss, quick and easy with 7 ingredients only. Those chocolate Tahini oat squares/bars are definitely worth trying !
You just need basic ingredients and two bowls. One for mixing the oats and one for the chocolate filling. Since Its raw, it will need time in the freezer to set so the longer you keep it, the better. The good thing about this recipe is that you cannot get it wrong, chances to fail is practically zero.
You can also make additions to it, I will share some replacement ideas in the recipe below
This recipe will make approximately 8 bars / squares but you can cut them in smaller pieces as they are quite filling.
For the base
– 1.5 cups Gluten Free Rolled oats (or normal oats for non gluten free version)
– 1 cup Oat Flour (you can also use almond flour )
– 1 tsp cinnamon powder
– 1 tbsp Maple Syrup (or honey or date syrup)
– 1/2 cup Coconut Oil (melted at room temperature)
For the chocolate filling
– 2/3 cup Chocolate ( I used dark chocolate, Lindt, 70%. you can use any dark chocolate of your choice )
– 1 tbsp Maple syrup (or honey or date syrup)
– 1/2 cup Tahini
1) Mix the oats, oat flour , cinnamon in a bowl then add coconut oil and maple syrup
2) Press 2/3 of the mixture into a square tin (cover it first with parchment paper so its easier to remove the mixture later )
3) Place in Freezer for 20 min
4) Prepare the chocolate filling. Break the chocolate, melt them in microwave or over a pan of boiling water, add the maple syrup and Tahini.
5) Pour the mixture over the oat base then sprinkle the remaining oat mixture on top.
6) Return to freezer for another hour