Thin and crispy Almond Cookies made with 4 main ingredients only ! Almond Butter, Date Sugar, coconut milk and flax seeds . Those cookies can be made chewy or crispy, depends how long you keep them in the oven . You can add to them chocolate chips , small pieces of pecans or even a tsp of espresso powder if you like coffee taste.
Those cookies are flourless and of course vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free. No flour neither oil in there, it’s just almond butter (I used fresh one without any additions) , date sugar which you can replace with coconut sugar or brown sugar keeping the same quantity , coconut milk which you can replace with any non dairy milk , flax egg – made with ground flax seeds and water , baking soda and vanilla.
Ingredients for approximately 15 cookies
– 1 cup almond butter
– 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax seeds with 6 tbsp warm water )
– 1/4 cup coconut milk
– 1/2 cup date sugar (or brown sugar or coconut sugar)
– 1 tsp vanilla
– 1 tsp baking soda
– Optional : 1 tsp espresso powder, chocolate chips or nuts
1) Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C and spray a baking tray with non sticky oil
2) Make your flax egg by combining 2 tbsp ground flax with 6 tbsp warm water and set aside to thicken for approx 5 min.
3) Whisk together the almond butter, coconut milk, date sugar, vanilla and flax egg . (if you want espresso powder add here).
4) Add the baking soda.
5) Fold in chocolate chips or nuts if you are using.
6) Use a cookie scoop to make a ball and put it on your baking tray . Make sure to space them as they will spread. make them flat with your hand depends how thick you like your cookies.
7) Bake for 15 minutes for a chewy and 20 min for crispy cookies.
8) Remove and let them cool
Happy Cookie Baking !