For all the chocoholics ; This recipe is perfect for you approved by another chocoholic (Me) . Those brownies are vegan, sweetened with date sugar and melted date chunks, you can also add more chocolate chunks or sprinkle on top. They’re super fudgy , rich in chocolate flavor and very easy… Basically, a dream come true ! If you like your brownies gooey, all you need to do is bake them less than the time mentioned in the instructions below (30 min instead of 40).
What you need to make them (6 by 6 inch pan)
– 1 Cup All Purpose Flour (I used Gluten free flour )
– 1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
– 1 cup Date Sugar (you can replace by half cup coconut sugar and half cup raw cane sugar)
– 1 tsp Baking powder
– 1 Tbsp coffee powder
– 1 tsp vanilla essence
– 1/2 cup buttermilk (which is lemon juice and soy milk )
– 1/2 cup coconut oil
– 1/3 cup Medjool dates cut into small pieces
– Walnuts , pecans of chocolate chips on top
1) Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and spray 6 *6 square pan with non-stick spray.
2) Sift flour and cocoa powder then add the baking powder and coffee powder (you can omit the coffee powder , it just adds more richness and flavor).
3) Prepare the buttermilk by adding 1/2 tbsp lemon juice to 1/2 cup soy milk , Mix and leave on the side for couple of minutes in order to allow it to curdle then add the sugar , vanilla and coconut oil and mix well.
4) Add the buttermilk mix to the flour mix . The batter will be thick (you can add a tbsp of soy milk if its hard to mix it ).
5) Cut the dates in small pieces and add them to the batter.
6) Spoon the batter into the prepared baking pan , place nuts or chocolate chips on top then bake for 30 minutes if you like them gooey and 40 min if you like them fudgy but not gooey.