A perfect way to start the weekend ! Light and fluffy vegan cinnamon waffles sweetened with coconut sugar … You will not believe they are free of eggs and dairy.
Let’s talk breakfast …. For those with food allergies and dietary requirements, breakfast is the most challenging meal of the day especially if you are not preparing your own meal. Luckily now chia seeds and overnight oats are available in more places, but still, the choices are not so wide.
Here’s something different to try whether with maple syrup and bananas- like i made them – or with any other fruits.
There are two tricks to make them perfect, first one is be generous with the baking powder and the second is let the batter rest for couple of minutes after you mix it.
Ingredients (for approximately 3 servings)
– 1 1/4 cups all purpose baking flour (I used gluten free )
– 2 tsp baking powder
– 2 tbsp coconut sugar (or raw cane sugar)
– 2 tsp cinnamon powder
– 1 tsp vanilla essence
– 2 tbsp canola oil
– 1 1/4 cups water (room temperature)
1) Preheat your oven to 180 degrees or your waffle Iron.
2) Whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon.
3) Add the water, oil, vanilla and mix well.
4) Let the batter rest for couple of min.
5) Spoon the batter into your waffle iron or silicon mold. If you are using the iron, follow the instructions you have and if you are baking in oven, 20 minutes should be enough. until you see golden edges
6) Let them rest before you remove them from the waffle mold
Enjoy your Breakfast !