I’ve been thinking of testing some recipes with rice crisps and I keep getting them from the supermarket, but end up having the whole pack before trying it out in a dessert (typical me … once I open the pack, consider it gone).
So this time i made sure to stick to my plan and make something healthy but yet sweet enough for my afternoon and night cravings.
Those energy balls are made with a base of dates and walnuts , they can be covered with dark chocolate – this is completely optional – and topped with some more crushed nuts . Very crispy, nutty and sweet at the same time and made with 6 nutritious ingredients only.
Ingredients (for approximately 20 balls )
– 1 1/2 cup Medjool date pitted (around 15 to 17 dates)
– 1/2 cup walnuts sliced in small pieces
– 2 tbsp cacao powder
– 2 tbsp almond butter
– 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
– 1/2 cup Rice Crisps (Gluten Free*)
– dark chocolate (optional )
1) In a food processor, add the dates and process until it forms a dough and sticky.
2) Add the sliced walnuts – they should be in very small pieces to give a crunchy texture. If you prefer to process them with the dates , you can.
3) make sure the walnuts are evenly distributed in the dates.
4) Add the remaining ingredients except the rice crisps and you can mix with your hand until it forms a dough.
5) Add the rice crisps and continue mixing the dough.
6) Keep in Fridge for approximately 15 minutes until it thickens.
7) Form the dough into small energy balls and place on parchment lined baking sheet
8) you can cover with melted dark chocolate or have it as is.
If you decide to cover it with melted chocolate, just heat the chocolate and dip the energy ball in it then return back to baking sheet and keep in the fridge until it sets then serve
you can store them in refrigerator in air tight container for a week
Hope you like them ! leave me a comment or tag me when you try them !