Those are not just the best vegan chocolate chip cookies I’ve made so far, but they’re the easiest and were a huge hit ! There’s something else very special about them … They are made without egg replacement ; no flax seeds, no applesauce, no chia seeds etc … The ingredients are simple, you probably have them all already in your kitchen.
What you need to make them are ;
– Gluten Free All purpose flour (or regular all purpose flour)
– Baking powder
– Vanilla extract
– Coconut sugar
– Natural unrefined sugar
– Non dairy milk
– Vegetable Oil
– Vegan chocolate chips (or any chocolate chips of your choice)
You will see in the steps below that it’s very easy to make them. The only trick is to keep them in the fridge for at least three hours (I left them for almost 9 hours) , it will allow the flavor to develop to its full potential . You can also keep some in the freezer so you have it on hand whenever you feel like baking cookies.
Another tip that you should consider is the baking time. I made them crispy round the edges and soft in the middle so i baked them for 22 minutes approximately. Bake them less, you will get gooier cookies. There is no right or wrong, it’s just your personal preference.
If you like your cookies to be rich in chocolate chips, take them out of the oven when they are half baked, add extra chocolate chips on top then put them back in the oven.
Ingredients (for approximately 14 cookies)
– 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (gluten free or regular)
– 1 tbsp baking powder
– 1 tsp cinnamon powder
– 1 tbsp vanilla extract (or 1/2 tbsp vanilla paste)
– 4 tbsp non dairy milk (soy, almond, coconut)
– 1/3 cup vegetable oil
– 1/3 cup unrefined sugar (or you can substitute with cane sugar or granulated sugar)
– 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or light brown sugar)
– Chocolate chip cookies (quantity of your choice)
1) In a bowl, mix together the sugars and oil . It will look clumpy and kind of dry.
2) Add the non dairy milk and vanilla , it will transform into a golden brown mixture.
3) Sift in the flour, baking powder, cinnamon . Mix all together until you get a soft cookie dough (It shouldn’t be sticky.. if you find it sticky add a tbsp of flour)
4) Add in the chocolate (as much as you like)
5) Scoop the cookie dough with an ice cream or cookie dough scoop. Refrigerate for at least three hours (I kept them for 9 hours)
6) When you want to bake them, preheat the oven to 180 degree C and line the baking sheet with baking paper
7) Place the scoops of cookie dough onto the baking sheet with at least an inch between them , press them gently (not much, they will spread when they are in the oven)
7) Bake for 20 minutes approximately. Bake less for gooier cookies and more for crispier.
8) Take out of the oven, let cool for at least 20 minutes
Happy Cookie Baking ! let me know when you try them xxx