Although this would be considered more like autumn kind of flavor, but yesterday i was craving a sweet healthy breakfast with apples so i make this caramel apple cinnamon overnight oats topped with caramelized walnuts and it was a hit !! I don’t know why i haven’t done it before .. Now it feels like i was missing out on some really good stuff.
It’s quite simple, it’s the standard overnight oats that we usually do but with cinnamon and caramel which is made with coconut sugar and coconut oil … So no refined sugar in this recipe and no butter.
Here’s what you need (for 2 medium servings)
For the Oats Mixture
– 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
– 2 tbsp coconut sugar
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– 1 tsp vanilla
– 1 cup gluten free oats or regular
– 1 1/2 cup Almond or coconut milk
For the caramelized apples
– 2 apples peeled and cut into small slices
– 1 tsp coconut oil
– 1 tbsp coconut sugar
– 1/2 tsp cinnamon
– 1/4 tsp nutmeg
– walnuts or pecans or almonds as desired
1) Start with the oats mixture ; In a bowl, combine the coconut oil, sugar and cinnamon, mix them well.
2) Add to the sugar mixture the oats, almond milk and vanilla. Cover and keep overnight in the fridge
3) In a saucepan, on medium heat, saute the apples with coconut oil, sugar cinnamon, nutmeg and the nuts of your choice around 5 minutes
4) Next day, Serve by adding a layer of oats then a layer of apples in between. Continue until mixture is done
Enjoy your breakfast xxx