This sweet potato baked Falafel recipe is so easy to make. It’s adopted from Deliciously Ella cookbook and became one of my favorite dishes with a side of salad.
Ingredients (to make approximately 12)
– 2 Medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small bite sized chunks
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
– 2 tbsp gram (chickpea flour) or all purpose flour
– 2 garlic cloves
– 1 tsp cumin
– 1 tsp paprika
1) Preheat the oven to 200 degree C and place the chunks of sweet potato in a baking tray.
2) Drizzle the sweet potato with olive oil, salt and pepper (to taste).
3) Bake for approximately 45 min then take them out and cool.
4) Once potatoes are cool, place them in the food processor and add all the ingredients and pulse until you have a smooth paste.
5) Scoop balls of the mixture using an ice-cream scoop and then roll them in your hands to make the perfect circle. line them on the baking tray and bake for 30 minutes approximately.
6) Check if they are ready by inserting a fork into the middle of the ball and see it it comes out clean.