This salad combines all my favorite fresh vegetables in one delicious bite. Chickpeas are combined with juicy tomatoes , refreshing cucumbers and crunchy peas, onions and radish , all tossed in a lemon garlic and olive oil dressing.
Not only the combination of colors and textures is beautiful , this salad is loaded with protein from the chickpeas and full of flavor from all the fresh vegetables.
This recipe is so versatile, you can substitute the vegetables with other ingredients and add more like red pepper, avocados, corn or olives.
Ingredients (for 6 servings approximately)
– 1 can chickpeas , rinsed and drained
– 1 small red onion , thinly sliced
– 2 tomatoes cut into cubes
– 4 cucumbers cut into slices
– 10 radish thinly sliced
– 1/2 cup fresh parsley , rinsed and chopped
– 1 cup frozen peas , boiled for approximately 10 min
– 6 tbsp olive oil
– 6 tbsp lemon juice
– 2 garlic clove minced
– 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper
1) Combine the salad ingredients in a bowl.
2) Prepare the dressing in a small bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk.
3) you can keep it covered in air tight container in the fridge up to 4 days, in that case do not mix the dressing with the salad.