I’ve been wanting for a while to make something healthy and sweet inspired by snickers flavors ; peanuts, caramel and chocolate, so I’ve made this treat, not sure whether I should call It shake or smoothie bowl , but it’s so delicious and I recommend it for your afternoon cravings or even for a sweet breakfast.
It doesn’t have any added sugar , the only sweetener is the dates and banana. It’s quite simple and can be done using different nut butters. All you need is bananas, dates, nut butter (peanut, almond or cashew) , almond milk, cocoa powder and topping of your choice.
This shake is made of three parts ; the date caramel, the banana nut butter and the chocolate banana. Each one should be made separately , kept in the fridge for at least 30 min and then when you want to serve it, you can mix them by alternating layers
– 5 dates pitted
– 2 tbsp almond milk
– 1 tbsp nut butter of your choice.
Banana Nut Butter Mix
– 2 Bananas
– 1 tbsp cashew or almond nut butter
– ¼ cup almond milk
– Dash cinnamon
Banana Chocolate Mix
Take half of the banana nut butter mix and add 1 tsp cocoa powder
How to prepare it
1) Start with caramel layer, blend the dates, almond milk and nut butter and set aside.
2) Prepare the banana nut mix, put everything in a blender until it’s smooth.
3) Remove half the banana mix and add the cocoa powder then combine everything, u will get the banana chocolate mix .
4) Serve it by starting with banana nut mix then caramel then chocolate and repeat.
5) you can top it with oats, more caramel or some nuts of your choice.
Enjoy it and let me know when you try it !