This recipe is so easy and worth trying! Whether you are vegan, trying to cut meat or simply want to cook something different, I recommend it. I’ve made it yesterday for dinner and it was a huge success. It’s easy, full of fiber, protein, iron , good carbs and all the nutrients that you need .
Chickpeas are a rich source of vitamins, minerals , carbs and fiber . They are high in protein and an excellent replacement for meat. Sum it up with Broccoli which is loaded with vitamin C , Basil, Tomato, olive oil, and spices … you will get one of the most delicious and filling meals you can have
Ingredients (for 8 servings approximately)
– 4 Onions
– 4 tbsp Olive Oil
– 5 Gloves Garlic
– 1 Lemon
– 3 tbsp curry paste
– 2 Can coconut milk (each approximately 1.5 cups)
– 2 Can chickpeas
– 3 tbsp soy sauce
– 5 medium tomatoes
– 1.5 cups fresh Basil
– 1 Cup Broccoli
– 1 Red Pepper
– 2 tbsp Oregano
– 1 tbsp Chili flakes
1) Start by chopping Onions, garlic , basil , tomatoes, red pepper, broccoli and juice the lemon and drain then wash the chickpeas
2) Put the olive oil and onion in a large pan and cook on low medium heat until onions start to be soft then add garlic and oregano
3) Add the curry paste and coconut milk , stir until the paste is dissolved
4) Add the chickpeas and soy sauce and keep on heat for another 5 to 8 minutes
5) Add tomatoes,red pepper, broccoli and gently simmer for another 10 minutes .
6) Add salt and pepper to your taste
you can serve with steamed rice . The quantity I use is for each cup of rice , I put 2 cups water, pinch of salt and 1 tsp olive oil and I let them boil until the rice is cooked.
Hope you enjoy and try my first savory recipe !